500 Indian cities to be ranked on cleanliness and urban sanitation under the Survekshan
Quality Council of India (QCI) to conduct the performance evaluation of the Swachh Survekshan
In order to encourage a healthy contest between Indian cities for improving cleanliness standards, the Ministry of Urban Development (MoUD) today started the “Swachh Survekshan 2017” survey, ranking of cities on cleanliness and other aspects of urban sanitation. Under Swachh Survekshan 2017, a survey will be conducted to rank 500 cities of India on cleanliness and urban sanitation from 4th January 2017.
Bollywood celebrities and Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassadors Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan, Shankar Mahadevan, are appealing citizens to participate in Swachh Survekshan 2017.
Swachh Survekshan will be conducted by Quality Council of India (QCI), an autonomous body established by Government of India for Quality assurance in all spheres of activities including Governance. Quality Council of India has developed a strong and efficient 3-tire methodology to accomplish the “Swachh Survekshan” survey where cities will be ranked based on marks obtained from Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.
- The Part 1 will be done on data provided by Municipal Body and will have 900 marks.
- The Part 2 will be done on data collected through direct observations and independent assessment, which will have 500 marks.
- The part 3 will be done on data collected from direct citizen feedbacks and will have 600 marks.
Ø The citizens can give their feedback by either giving a missed call at 1969 to record their response or by filling up a feedback form given on the Swachh Survekshan website.http://swachh-survekshan.in/
Quality Council of India has also developed an assessment structure based on the various areas of evaluations.
- Waste collection, sweeping and transportation will have 40% marks,
- MSW-Processing and Disposal will have 20% marks,
- ODF & Toilets will have 30% marks,
- Information, education and behavior change will have 5% marks and
- Capacity building-SBM e-learning portal will have 5% marks.
Last year, “Swachh Survekshan-2016” ranked 73 cities across the country and 1-lakh citizens participated and gave their feedback.